People who follow my blog would prob remember a previous entry where i did a tarot card personality test and came up with the moon. Well... today I was looking up at the moon as I was on my way home, and it occurred to me I was like the moon in more than one way.
I'm sure the reason why the moon shines and changes shape is a commonly known fact but i'm going to be long-winded and explain again so pls bear with me. The moon does not produces its own light but rather acts like a mirror and reflects the light from the sun. When it is blocked by the earth, it appears to have changed its shape; on some days, we cant see the moon cas the earth has prevented it from reflecting any of the sun's rays.
In this aspect, I am very much like the moon. I am a person who doesnt have my own "light". When I can see the "sun" I am bright and happy, I appear to be confident and capable. Like how on the night of the full moon, the moon is round and glowing prettily, and people cant help but look up and admire it. When I am in "earth's" shadow, I am gloomy and depressing, I mope ard and whine and cant get anything done. Like a crescent moon which is easily hidden by the clouds and forgotten. There are also times where I fall into the sinkhole of depression and disappear, like on a night when no moon can be seen.
My moods are as plentiful as the phases of the moon, unfortunately they do not have such a regular pattern. And I must say its not hard to tell from recent entries, what kinda phase this "moon" is undergoing.
How ironic for me who has a bright and sunny name. For ppl who are confused, let me explain. My blogger name, dreamy shine, is partially taken from my english name Sunshine. See how ironic that is? To have a name that is bright and warm and happy but to be such a gloomy girl. Maybe I shd change my name, tho it doesnt really solve anything.
Oh well... tho my moods have no fixed pattern, but it does have as many phases as the moon. The night of full moon will come again and shine will shine once more.
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment