Thursday, April 1, 2010

National Geographic in Vivocity wakes the spendthrift

Went Vivocity this afternoon and saw a huge shop on level one taken up by National Geographic. Was curious so I went in to look-see. There was the expected magazine and nature related books, stationary, soft toys and clothes, but it was more than that. Half of it was sort of like a photos gallery and its way cool. of course, they are selling pictures and posters, this is why there is such a display. Still, the photos were amazing. Makes me feel like buying a DSLR again. Sigh....

I like taking photos, and often feel irritated by the limitations of a digital camera (e.g. I nv had been able to get a good picture of the moon). But that camera is gonna be so heavy and bulky, it'll be kinda troublesome to lug it ard, so I might end up hardly using it. Furthermore, it seems that if I really want to take good pictures, I am gonna need to invest in lens. But my interests are diverse. I like landscape, but I enjoy taking close-ups and trying to capture things in motion as well. So in order to sastify little ole me, I will need to invest in at least a few different lens, and that will cost a bomb.

I'm not trying to become a professional photographer, or even a particularly good amatuer. I just want to take pretty pictures. Is that really worth it?

No comments: