Friday, August 15, 2008

bookworm, bookwyrm

Should have known better than to let a bookworm like me go study in the library alone. Like I can resist the bookshelves. Especially when I left home in such a bad mood. Books, especially my favourite fantasy novels with romance thrown in, are like a tranquilizer for me. So I picked are a novel and WHAM that's it, I ended up borrowing it home and not doing anything til i finish reading. Worse, its a book that I already read before and I still couldn't help myself.

Love Mercedes Lackey's novels. They are the absolute best. The Five Hundred Kingdoms is a relatively new series to me, and I have only read A Good Knight. Still, I love the story. It sastifies a lot of girlish notions and preferences. :P The bookwyrm bit entertained me quite a bit. Imagine a dragon that loves to read, is peace loving and consider books as a great treasure. And the idea of the dragon having a library...... Well, I believe I need not elaborate on that.

If there is a way to turn into one, I probably wouldn't have minded that much. Except my boyfriend would never agree to join me. Sadly, he doesnt like books as much as I do. And he is too down to earth to enjoy fantasy and fantasizing. Really, Andie and Peri are just too lucky. But then again, storybook heros and heroine always get their perfect ending. Especially in a novel like this which is modelled after a fairytale.

Ohh... I really want to get my hands on the first book in the series but I don't have the time to hunt through libraries. I really don't want to start collecting another series until I finish collecting the Elemental Master series as well. Most importantly, there is no place for me to keep my books at home anymore. :( When I get my own house, I would really like to have a study that looks like a mini library (filled with shelves :P). Don't I wish.

No comments: