I usually go on crunchyroll to look for anime to watch. I know there are tv dramas and a lot of other things available, tho I seldom bother to search for then or try to look for other things that interest me, say movie, musicals and such.
Today, was trying to search for the drama or movie for 《红楼梦》, since I have to read the text and watching helps understanding it better if nothing else. Since the search there cant read chinese, am having a hard time searching using english (got lots of rubbish and nothing close). But surprisingly, among the rubbish I found a bookworm group page with some great reading recommendations!
My list of new to find:
1) Tamora Pierce books - another fantasy author to take note of. I read some of her books before I think, but not too sure.
2)Frances Hodgson Burnett books - author of the secret garden. Never thot of searching to see if she wrote others, the review for "the little princess" interested me.
3) Jane Austen's Emma - I already read (and own) pride and prejudice as well as sense and sensibility.
In case you were wondering: Nope, I didn't find Dream of the Red Chamber (or Mansion). The only thing even remotely related is a song based on one of the characters, and I can't understand a word of it. Don't know any dialect and there are no subtitles. Think is in Cantonese. Its called 黛玉笑了。
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment