Saturday, February 21, 2009

Graduation

Well... ok, not really. Tho it feels like one. Yesterday, I finish the last grp project I had to do for my University days and moved out from my room in the hostel. The night before that, my othello team threw a small, informal gdbye party for me. Though I'm really only leaving sch to go for practicum and I wont graduate till ard June. It feels like this phase of my life has already ended.

And so, as cliche and old fashion and mushy as this is going to be, I really would like to thank a few ppl.

Thanx to my ten classmates who were with me for 4 yrs. U people are the one who made my 4 yrs of lessons very enjoyable. Truly, I think it was very lucky that there are so few ppl taking our course, else we wouldnt have be such a close knitted grp. It was really fun being ur classmate, and I hope all of us will continue to keep in touch, even after we officially graduate and move on to become permanent teachers in different schs.

Special Thanx to my two gd frens, Jerine and JezC. We have been the trio in this odd number class for so long, and did so many projects together. Thank you for all the times we work hard together, for picking things up when I slack or mess up and for being more then merely gd group mates. Jerine, I'll see you on Monday, pls continue to look out for me. JezC, keep in touch, dun you dare disappear on me. Tho if i miss u enuf i think i will pop by the CC on Sunday to wait for you all to come down and meet u for lunch, hehe... Let's play table tennis again sometime soon.

Special Thanx as well to Kor Iceman who always looked after us. Keep in touch, I will be following ur blogs. ^^

Thanx to my othello team, both the seniors who have graduated before me and the current batch. U all noe i'm not really one for hall activites. But our team is really great. Thank you all for putting up with me and working hard with me. I dun regret a single moment or effort that I spent on the team, and each and everyone of u is someone I would be glad to call a fren (yes, even Rusdi :P). We won gold last IH! So proud of our team. Keep up the good work ppl, and may hall 15 othello team continue to reign. Hehe... :P

Special Thanx to Adi, Shimon and Anshu, who were in the same batch with me. Thanx to Adi for being a gd partner, and for assuming captain position in the first place. I'm really sry for being so weak to stress, and thank you for ur willingness to share the burden. Thank you, Shimon, for always being reliable support, even though u werent officially holding any post you always looked after the team. And tho no one really mentioned it, you were the one who found most of the new members who made up the current team. So it really thanx to you that we continue to have a team at all. Thanx to our joker, Anshu, even tho you are the one who provokes me the most. It was fun having you on our team. And truly, i'm really surprise when Adi told me you suggested the gift and all for me. That is truly a sweet gesture and i'm sry u weren't there so i can thank you personally. Tho its probably for the gd, since you prob make some wise crack at me if i tried to. :P

Special Thanx as well to Daniel, who took over my job as IC. Truly you absolutely outshine me. I was the IC for two yrs, but for the 1st year of that, I wasnt very gd at my job. I mainly relied on Wencong to tell me what to do. Yet you started picking up the role immediately, once you decided you would like to take over my post. And you did a gd job even before you officially became IC. I had no cause to worry at all after handing things over to you. At least, not about whether you can do your job. I was worried how were you gonna manage when you needed to pick up the slack. :P But you managed that as well. You're a much more capable IC than I was. Oh ya, make sure KC reads this. If he dares to neglect looking after you and not getting u a rm, I'll spam his email. :P

Belated Thanx to Zheng Xiang and Wencong, who taught me, looked after me and groomed me into leadership position on the team. Thank you both for being like Big Brothers to me, and I'm sry for not initiating any contact. >.< Maybe I shd email the link to this post to you all, But I could nv get any email thru to Zheng Xiang. I hoped both of you are doing well at ur jobs.

Okay, I got too ........ for my own liking. Urgh... gave myself goosebumps. Signing off. :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awe.... am glad for u gal. Lets move on and explore other things in live shant we?

dreamy shine said...

:) Thanx. I accept ur invitation. :P