I used to have the habit of journal writing, before I switched to blogging. My journal entries are quite similiar to my blogs in one aspect. You can tell my mood by its frequency. I tend to write more often when I am sad.
I didn't notice this trend. Till one fine day, I picked up an old journal and read it out of a curiosity to review my younger self. The reviewing started out happily enough. And then it got depressing. And it got progressively worse. I just tend to blab in circles when I'm upset. And the happy moments are recorded less and less frequently. And I used to think that I had an optimistic personality. That reviewing put things into perspective.
So its 1 a.m. and I have to started preparing for work in 4 and a half hrs, and I got plenty of stuff to do... and yet I find myself blogging. Then I know the pattern is starting again.
Oh well, on the bright side, writing it down also tends to make me feel better. So I think I will be able to sleep now. Wouldn't it be fantastic if I went to bed now and got strike by a case of insomia? Wow... if it happens, I wonder if I will even turn up at work.
If any of you meet the sandman, try and steal his bag of sand for me, kay? Even a pinch of sand would be good. The ability to fall asleep whenever I want to sounds god-gifted. Hmm... maybe the sandman is a demi-god of some kind and that's why I never had a chance of gaining that ability.
Thursday, January 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment